'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Ever dreamt of trucking down the dusty open highways of the United States of America? We’ve got just the experience for you, with our American Truck Driving Thrill package, exclusive to our TrackDays venue at Goodwood Race Circuit in East Sussex.
An expert instructor will greet you upon arrival to begin your registration and talk you through your safety briefing. Then for the fun bit, as you climb up into the cabin and under their guidance, take to the wheel for two laps in a Peterbilt or Kenworth truck.
You’ll get to grips with driving these vast American trucks over two laps of around 4 miles in total on a short course. You can also round off the day in style with purchase on the day of additional passenger laps, where the instructor will take control and crank these red blooded truckers’ dreams into high gear.
It’s double the American trucks for double the laps and double the fun on this unforgettable and unique driving experience day!
Arrival, registration and safety briefing
2 instructed laps driving the Truck (4.8 miles)
You can purchase passenger rides on the day.
Please allow up to 3 hours at the venue.
Please be aware these trucks are left-hand drive, have steep steps. They have several gears in different ranges and no synchromesh, therefore you have to double the clutch to change gear. It takes varying lengths of time for individuals to become accustomed to using the gear system. It will not be possible to drive any more than one lap if the driver as not been able to get accustomed to using the gears.
Vouchers are valid for 10-months. You can upgrade the validity to 14 months when you order.
Minimum age: 17-years-old
A full drivers license is required and must be shown on the day of the event to participate
Drivers must be able to understand instructions given to them in English
No dogs allowed on site
Participants must be medically fit to take part
Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
Please check the driver meets these requirements before you book
Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate (unless government COVID restrictions in place)
Under 16s must be accompanied by a non-participating adult
Glasses must be worn if required for driving
The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
These experiences are held on private property, all participants and spectators must respect the rules of the course/track and adhere to any requests of the landowners.
Please check before you book that you meet these requirements
All dates are subject to availability
Truck choice to be confirmed on the day
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Available to book on very limited dates from August to November. Please book in advance to
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.