'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
The 20-minute Young Driver Experience is designed to offer children between the ages of 5-10 the chance to enjoy a driving session learning some of the basic skills such as steering, braking, and speed control. Juniors will receive a 5-minute briefing followed by 15 minutes driving around a special driving zone which has been designed by automotive experts.The vehicle used is an electric car called ‘Firefly’. The Firefly cars were specially created for Young Driver and feature independent suspension, disc brakes, twin electric motors and rack and pinion steering – making them drive and handle just like real cars on the road.The cars are two-seaters with an adjustable driver’s seat, so youngsters can be accompanied by mum, dad or a friend!
5-minute briefing and demonstration
15 minutes driving on a special driving zone in a Firefly
A complimentary Young Driver Firefly 'driving licence'
It is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes before your lesson is due to start. The lesson is 20 minutes long.
Refreshments are available to purchase.
Your voucher is valid for 10-months from the date of purchase. You can upgrade the validity to 14 months when you order.
All drivers must be aged between 5-10 years
Those with special accessibility requirements should contact the supplier to discuss them before opting for this lesson
This experience may not be suitable for participants with certain medical conditions, please enquire prior to booking
All participants must be accompanied by an adult throughout the entirety of the experience
Weather and driving-appropriate clothing should be worn, closed-toe footwear must be worn
Please do not book this experience if the driver is only able to travel to one of the venue choices, they must be as flexible as the voucher is regarding venue choice and availability
Please note that bookings cannot be made within 72 hours of purchase
All lessons are weather-dependent. If your lesson must be cancelled due to bad weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, your lesson will be re-booked or you will be refunded.
Available on selected Saturdays and Sunday throughout the year.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.