'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
You don't have to be in the army to drive a military truck. The Off Road 4x4 Army Truck Driving Experience gets you behind the wheel of a Leyland DAF T244 GS, one of the most versatile vehicles around. After your welcome, sign on and safety briefing you'll be introduced to the DAF '4 Tonner', a troop carrier with capacity for 14 passengers. Your time behind the wheel will take place on a custom built off-road course and will test your driving skills in a type of vehicle most drivers are unaccustomed to.Next up you'll meet to the mammoth GKN Sankey FV432 Armoured Personnel Carrier, designed to carry a 12-man crew through conflict zones. Your passenger ride will take place in a much safer environment, though, with the battlefield being swapped for a purpose-built off-road course, giving you the opportunity to see exactly what a 15-tonne lump with caterpillar tracks can do for approximately 20 minutes.
Welcome, sign on and safety briefing
Approx 20 mins of driving time in a Leyland DAF T244 GS
Approx 20 mins being driven around a purpose-built off-road course
Please allow up to 1.5 hours at the venue.
Order a 10-month open gift voucher.
Min age 18
Max weight 18 stone
Min height 5 ft
Max height 6 ft 4
Full UK manual licence must be held for 12 months plus, must be presented on the day
Good understanding of the English language is required for instruction purposes
The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
No dogs allowed on site
Participants must be medically fit to take part
Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
There may be other participants sharing the vehicles, as well as the instructor
Severe weather may cause the experience to be delayed or postponed. If this happens, an alternative date will be offered to you by the experience provider.
Selected weekday and weekend dates from March to September.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
Off Road 4x4 Army Truck Driving Experience with Tank Passenger Ride Near Me