Kids and teens aged 11 - 16 have the perfect opportunity to jump behind the wheel on this Under 17 Motorsport Academy Drive and Licence experience. Hosted exclusively at Bovingdon Airfield in Hertfordshire - in easy reach of London - your young motorist will be under the guidance of an expert instructor, as they have the chance to drive in a relaxed and fun set up out on an open circuit - and a more relaxed session makes for a better first driving experience, enabling them to pick up skills and driving expertise ahead of learning to drive out on the main roads. Their drive will be in a dual controlled Mazda MX-5. As they practice and master essential car control, they will build in confidence, and because the instructor is with them throughout the duration of the drive, they can offer their support and knowledge if needed - offering you total peace of mind they're learning under experienced eyes! As well as gaining an understanding of potential road hazards, they'll also learn how to respond intuitively and practically to these. But of course, what's the most exciting part of this experience is the opportunity for them to gain a Motorsport Academy Licence. Following a short practice session, they'll be asked by their instructor to perform a series of activities to check your level of driving aptitude - with a Motorsport Academy Licence being awarded if they pass, which will allow you the chance to progress your driving to the next level in the range of supercars run for the adult sessions out on track - and all before you even pass your driving test!
Welcome and sign on
30 minute session including briefing, static teaching of fundamentals and coaching to learn how to start driving a manual car*
Also includes some time driving around the circuit and manoeuvres in Mazda MX-5
Motorsport Academy Licence / Under 17s Skill Book completion
* - This experience is designed as a 30 minute test format experience with driving refresher. The slot can also be used as a 30 minute driving session for refresher only or a taster of driving. If booking this as a driving experience for those without any prior driving experience, please note that the participant will not drive continually for 30 minutes.
Please allow up to an hour at the venue.
Vouchers are valid for 10 months from the date of purchase. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Min height: 4'8"
Max height: 6'2"
Max weight: 18 stone
No licence is required
All participants must be fit and healthy
Glasses must be worn if necessary
Flat sole shoes must be worn
All participants must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any specific needs relating to this, please call us to discuss before making a booking
This experience is run on Saturday afternoons and occasional Sundays. Please note this experience has limited availability, which is subject to rapid change.
Optional Damage Liability Reductions (ODLR) can be purchased on the day from £25. Without ODLR, drivers will be liable to pay the full insurance excess on any vehicle they damage.
In the instance of severe weather such as snow, ice or dense fog, your event may get cancelled and you will be offered an alternative date for your experience. Please refer to the events teams terms and conditions.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
Under 17 Motorsport Academy Drive and Licence Near Me
Split your purchase of £39.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.