'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
This tank driving experience does exactly what it says on the tin, giving you the chance to control a mammoth 15-tonne bit of kit in the form of the FV432 tank.
You'll be provided with a tank suit and helmet before being briefed on safety and the history of the FV432, then the fun really begins.
Your instructor will show you the ropes, taking you on a lap of the track built on the site of an old World War Two bombing range, then it's your turn. Your instructor will communicate with you via headset as you take on your first lap, initially with the drivers hatch open before being lowered down with the hatch closing shut for the second lap. How you take on the third lap is down to you but hatch open or closed, you'll have a blast.
Welcome and safety briefing
1 x instructor lap
3 x laps of hands-on driving time
Free entry to the museum displaying a large military vehicle collection
Please allow up to 1 hour for your experience.
The activity is based on the completion of a set criteria which can vary person to person, meaning all timings are approx.
Voucher valid for 10-months from time purchase. You can upgrade the validity to 14 months when you order.
Minimum age: 16
Minimum height: 4ft 0in
Maximum height: 6ft 4in
Maximum weight: 22 stone
No driving licence is required
Use of a tank suit and helmet for the experience
Spectators are welcome, a fee per spectator will be charged, which also includes museum entry
Good understanding of the English language is required for instruction purposes
The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
No dogs allowed on site
Participants must be medically fit to take part
Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
Severe weather may cause the event to be delayed or postponed.
Available Saturdays, Sundays and selected Wednesdays from April till October.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
Tank Driving Experience Near Me
Other vouchers you may like...