Under 17 Driving Lessons Near Me
If you are looking to book a driving lesson or purchase a gift voucher at a centre near you, please open up the map using the 'show map' button at the top of the page. Alternatively you can click into an experience and a mini map and list of venues can be seen there.
List of venues (all subject to availabilty)
- Makro Belfast, Belfast
- Newbury Racecourse, Berkshire
- Reading Mereoak, Berkshire
- Brierley Hill, Birmingham
- NEC, Birmingham
- Bristol Cribbs Causeway, Bristol
- Wycombe Wanderers, Buckinghamshire
- Milton Keynes Dons, Buckinghamshire
- Eden Shopping Centre, Buckinghamshire
- Babraham Road, Cambridgeshire
- Makro Queensferry, Cheshire
- Chester Football Club, Cheshire
- Carlisle Racecourse, Cumbria
- Exeter, Devon
- Exeter, Red One and Westpoint, Devon
- Edinburgh Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh
- Colchester United Stadium, Essex
- Lakeside, Essex
- Rayleigh, Makro, Essex
- North Weald Airfield, Epping, Essex
- Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
- Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow
- Glasgow, Silverburn, Glasgow
- Cotswolds Fire Service College, Gloucestershire
- Cheltenham Racecourse, Gloucestershire
- Ipswich, Martlesham Park and Ride, Ipswich
- Ipswich London Road, Ipswich
- Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Bluewater, Kent
- Ewood Park, Lancashire
- Mallory Park, Leicestershire
- Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool
- Haydock Park Racecourse, Liverpool
- Wood Green London, London
- Brent Cross, London
- Makro Manchester, Manchester
- Etihad Campus, Manchester
- The Trafford Centre, Manchester
- DW Stadium, Manchester
- Mowden Park, Middlesborough
- Newcastle Racecouse, Newcastle
- Newmarket Racecourse, Newmarket
- Norfolk Showground, Norfolk
- Leeds East Airport, North Yorkshire
- Northampton Saints, Northamptonshire
- Queens Drive, Nottinghamshire
- Nottingham Clifton South Tram Park & Ride, Nottinghamshire
- East of England Showground, Peterborough
- Penistone Grammar School, Sheffield
- Sheffield, FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
- Chepstow Racecourse, South Wales
- Newport Stadium, South Wales
- Cardiff East, South Wales
- West Quay, Southampton
- Kempton Park Racecourse, Surrey
- Thorpe Park, Surrey
- Lingfield Park, Surrey
- South of England Showground, Sussex
- Dalton Park, Tyne and Wear
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Three Counties Showground, Worcester
- Defence School of Transport, Yorkshire
- Keepmoat Stadium, Yorkshire
- Elvington Airfield, Yorkshire
Under 17 Driving Lessons
Since 2009, Young Driver has been providing adolescent driving courses as well as driving experiences for children and adults. In 2021, they sold their millionth Young Driver session, and currently operate out of 70 private locations throughout the UK. DrivingExperience.com is proud to represent them and have them on board to offer the UK’s most popular under 17 driving lessons. This is one of the best ways to get a head start for your practical driving test!
We're here to assist you and your whole family on your path to obtaining a driver's licence, with some fun for both adults and children along the way. Young Driver training is all about responsible learning in a safe, regulated setting while having fun in order to foster the next generation of safe drivers.
It's a good idea to come 15 minutes early for your session and go straight to the reception. One of the staff will check you in and inform you of your instructor's name. A few minutes before your session, your teacher will meet you and make sure you are comfortable in the vehicle.
A parent or guardian is required to attend the driving school. You are welcome to invite more guests; they will be able to watch the action from a nice hospitality area. Every venue has a location where you can get a cup of coffee, a soft drink, or a snack.
30 minute and 60 minute automatic lessons are also available - get your gift vouchers now with DrivingExperience.com.
Driving Lessons for 10-17 Year Olds
The training curriculum is modelled around what you would learn on the road. The only difference is that you will learn to drive on a specifically built road course in a safe setting - and can therefore get valuable early experience of operating the vehicle without having to be in a stressful real road situation.
You'll spend the whole time in the vehicle, whether you take a 30-minute or 60-minute junior driving lesson. Starting and stopping the vehicle, moving away, changing gears, and steering will all be covered in your first session. You'll advance to additional activities in subsequent classes, such as:
Driving in two-way traffic;
Reverse bay parking.
Firefly Experience for 4-10 year olds
The two-seater vehicles, dubbed "Firefly," were designed specifically for Young Driver by experienced automotive designer Chris Johnson. Firefly vehicles include independent suspension, disc brakes, dual electric motors, and rack and pinion steering, which allows them to drive and behave like actual automobiles on the road.
Please keep in mind that the child must be accompanied in the vehicle at all times by a parent or guardian.
In the event of an emergency, parents may utilise the remote control cutoff switch, but also remember the vehicles can only reach 10mph.
The Firefly Experience works in conjunction with educationalists to build realistic small driving zones at chosen locations, which were designed and constructed in the UK by automotive specialists.