'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Take charge of one of the most iconic cars ever built in a recreation of the Ford GT40. The car is steeped in history having won the prestigious Le Man 24 hour race no less than on four consecutive occasions. Your experience will kick off with sign on then arrival followed by a drivers safety briefing. Once the briefing is over it's time for the exciting part. Hear the roar of the V8 kick into life with the turn of the key, feel the 500 horses propel the car from 0.60 in as little as 4 seconds, not bad for a car designed in the 60s. You will have 3 high octane miles driving the very special Ford GT40 that will leave a lasting impression.
Arrival and sign on
Drivers safety briefing
3 miles driving a recreation of the Ford GT40
Please allow up to 2-3 hours at the venue.
On the day you will be offered a 'Collision Damage Waiver' which is £25. This is optional but if it isn't taken out and you damage the vehicle you will be liable for the excess. Please be aware that if you don't opt for the £25 damage waiver, credit card details are taken for a £5000 insurance excess, however, no money is taken from the card unless there is damage to the car. Details of the waiver are made clear at the sign on. Sighting lap can be added for £10.
Vouchers are valid for 10-months. There is a £30 'Premium Venue Pass' upgrade fee to take this experience at either Castle Combe and Dunsfold Park. There is a £25 upgrade fee to book a weekend date at all venues for this experience. Please note availability at Perranporth, Bicester Heritage Centre and Stoneleigh will be extremely limited. You can upgrade the validity to 14 months when you order.
Minimum age is 17
A full drivers license is required and must be shown on the day of the event to participate
Minimum height is 4' 10"
Maximum height is 6' 6"
Maximum weight is 18 stone
Please do not book this experience if the driver is only able to travel to one of the venue choices, they must be as flexible as the voucher is regarding venue choice and availability
Venue-specific vouchers are available to buy
Pre-purchased high-speed passenger rides take place in a performance car
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Selected weekend and weekdays from January to December. Dates and spaces
fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
Customer Reviews for the Ford 'Le Mans '66' GT40 Blast
Here is what our customers have said about this experience
1 / 5Based on 1 reviews over the past year
29 October 2020
Firstly, company was advised of passengers height before the event and still sold the experience even though would not fit.
Secondly, had to wait ages on the day (3 hours) in the cold with a mediocre organisational experience tbh.
Thirdly, the additional costs are extortionate. You buy the experience, then have to pay a £25 weekend surcharge (when they aren’t running in the week.... sneaky), then on arrival get asked for £25 insurance, and £10 for a sighting lap which is poorly given.
The driver on the siting lap said not to bother with a seatbelt then continued to belt it around the track. (Health and safety?!)
The “track” is the size of a go cart track. Never made it past 3rd gear.
I’ve done other advanced driving experiences / track days which were 100x better organised and more pleasant experiences. If you desperately want to spend 7-8min driving around a tiny circular track in your “dream” car (which has torn seats, dirty, and very well used) then give it a shot. But I was sorely underwhelmed by the experience and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who asked for my opinion.