'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Now’s the chance for you to experience the thrill of sideways driving, as you learn to drift a performance drift-ready car on this excellent half day experience. Master the basics in a custom prepared Nissan R33 Skyline, Nissan S14/S14a 200SX or a Lexus IS200 drift car, before putting your newly learnt skills to the test on a final 4 lap drifting session. You’ll round the day off experiencing first-hand what it's like to be a passenger in a car with a driver who competes in one of the many national or international drift series, where a competitive environment will be replicated against a lead car for six high speed passenger rides.
Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
Doughnuts – get taught how to do that perfect doughnut and control the car using steering and throttle control, maintaining that perfect circular slide
Figures of 8 – learn how to control the car while the weight is shifting from one direction to the other, using steering/counter-steering and throttle control
Short Circuit – be taught how to navigate the car with a mixture of left-hand and right-hand bends, with 4 attempts of the short circuit, the instructor will give you a demo lap, then your chance to beat the instructor
6-lap high-speed passenger ride (replicating a competition routine) - a lead car is sent and a chase car will follow in close proximity. You then have to hold your nerve as the drivers drift the cars as close as they can without touching
The instructor is alongside you for all the above driving sessions. They will be pushing you hard and fast to learn doughnuts, weight shift techniques as quickly as possible before your final 4 attempts at drifting around the short circuit.
You will be at the venue for approx 3.5-4 hours. There will be some waiting time between each driving session but you can expect a minimum of 20 minutes behind the wheel.
You can book a 10-month gift voucher or book directly onto any date. Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Before making a purchase, please read the information in the 'requirements' tab to ensure the recipient is valid to take part in the experience.
If you do not have a driving license you will be required to pay an insurance premium on the day of the event. You will be offered a collision damage waiver on the day if you wish to cover yourself should you damage a vehicle. This is optional and will not prevent you from taking part if you do not wish to take it.
Sessions will be held in group numbers of no more than 20.
A full UK (or equivalent) manual driving license is required
You'll be required to provide proof of your driving licence (card part only) along with your voucher/confirmation
Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking
The surface conditions on the day may affect drive time due to tyre wear
The provider will endeavour to give each driver the maximum possible time behind the wheel
Expected driving time – 20-30 minutes during the session in either a Nissan R33 Skyline, Nissan S14/S14a 200SX or a Lexus IS200
Arms and legs must be covered throughout your experience.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, there might be some changes in the sessions times. These might be run in two parts - part 1 and part 2 - or your driving session may be done in the one sitting.
Severe weather may cause the event to be delayed or postponed.
This event runs at our Birmingham, Aldershot Raceway and Standlake Arena venues over a total of 3 sessions per day at the following allotted times - 08.05am, 11.05am and 14.05pm. At our Birmingham Wheels Raceway venue, the event will run over a total of 4 sessions per day at the following allotted times - 08:05am, 11:05am, 14:05pm and 17.05pm.
Birmingham has a mixture of midweek and weekend dates.
Aldershot Raceway and Standlake Arena dates are weekends only.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
Learn to Drift Half Day Drifting Experience with 6 Passenger Laps Near Me