'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Enjoy a weekday's sightseeing in the beautiful county of Essex with our MGB Roadster Classic Car Hire package. This year round, Government guideline friendly package, which starts in the pretty coastal town of Shoeburyness - an hour's train away from Central London - will see you and a passenger of your choice take to the wheel for a day's driving in a stunning vintage MGB Roadster.The MGB Roadster we have available means that whether you're driving on a chilly Autumn day with the heating on or in glorious Spring sunshine with the webasto sun roof down, this really is an all rounder of a driving day, as Essex has so much to see in all seasons. There is also the additional option to upgrade your driving day together and enjoy a packed lunch for two. Your driving time will last from 10am - 6pm, giving you plenty of time to explore this most picturesque and historic of counties in all of England, from Colchester Castle to Hylands Park, to the golden beaches of Walton on the Naze and Southend, and pretty villages of Ongar and Finchingfield. It's an unforgettable day of sights, all enjoyed from the comfort of a classic MGB Roadster.
Arrival at HQ to fill in paperwork
Collection of the MGB Roadster (10am earliest)
Use of the car for the prepaid time
Return of Vehicle to HQ (6pm latest)
HQ postcode - SS3 9BN
Arrival at 9.30am to complete checks and briefing.
Experience is from 10am – 6pm.
The car is due back at 6pm at the latest.
You will be required to pay a refundable deposit of £250 on the day (All Major Credit accepted). For the unexpected you can also add Collision Damage Waiver for a small fee of £59. You can add an additional driver for £40. Other extras such as warm clothing will be offered at the time of booking.
Before making a purchase, please read the information in the 'requirements' tab to ensure the recipient is valid to take part in the experience.
The price is for a one day hire (10am - 6pm). Vouchers are valid for 10 months. Hamper for two upgrade available (£25) - receive a thermos full of fresh, homemade soup – your choice of tomato or carrot and coriander with our signature croutons, plus a freshly made cheese and pickle or ham and wholegrain mustard sandwich each and a packet of crisps as well.
Minimum age 25
Maximum age 70
Maximum height 6ft 4”
Maximum weight 130kgs
Drivers must be aged between 25 and 70 years of age
Drivers must hold a Full UK or EU Driving Licence for a minimum of two years.
Drivers must not have been involved in more than one incident which was their fault in the last three years.
Drivers must not have had their licence revoked or have been banned from driving in the last three years.
Drivers must not have more than 2 minor convictions or more than six penalty points either obtained or pending.
Drivers must not have obtained a BA, DD UT or other serious conviction/s.
Mileage over 150 miles/day will be charged at £1 per mile.
We require a code from the DVLA for you, the driver, or any other additional drivers. Please go to DVLA and fill in your details and send us the code you are issued with along with the information above. Please note, this MUST be done prior to your hire, it cannot be processed on the day.
Our cars can be driven in any weather, the MGB Roadster has the option of the roof down or the roof up with the heater on for the chilly days. Being situated in one of the driest parts of the country means the weather is often fine in Essex.
This experience is available year round, from Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Dates and spaces fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a drivingexperience.com discount code to use on your next purchase.
MGB GT/Roadster Classic Car Hire - Weekday Near Me